L'Aquila is within easy reach of both Rome and Pescara by bus.
ROME - L'AQUILA
- The bus of Autolinee TUA leaves from Tiburtina Station:
- Trains to Tiburtina Station depart every 20 minutes (from 6:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.) from Leonardo da Vinci Airport (Fiumicino). The journey takes about 40 minutes.
- Buses depart from Ciampino Airport every 15-20 minutes for the Anagnina underground station, where you can take an underground train to Termini Station; when you reach Termini you will have to change from the A to the B line for Tiburtina. The journey takes about an hour.
- From Termini Station the underground (B line) takes about 10 minutes to Tiburtina.
- You can purchase a bus ticket to L'Aquila online or from the Autolinee TUA ticket office near the Tiburtina bus station. The journey takes approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes and the bus terminates at Collemaggio terminal.
- An express coach service leaving directly from Leonardo da Vinci Airport (Fiumicino) and Ciampino Airport is operated by Gaspari Bus. The bus terminates at Amiternum Hotel. You can purchase a bus ticket online.
- You can also reach L'Aquila (Collemaggio terminal) by FlixBus. See bus schedules & bus stops in L'Aquila.
PESCARA - L'AQUILA
Buses for L'Aquila leave from the bus station in Piazza della Repubblica (next to the Central Railway Station). The bus ticket for L'Aquila can be purchased online or from the ticket office of Autolinee TUA in Piazzale della Stazione. The journey to L'Aquila takes about 1 hour and 50 minutes and the bus ride terminates at Collemaggio terminal.
Buses from Abruzzo International Airport to the Central Railway Station depart every 10 minutes (from 5:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.). The journey takes about ten minutes.